Say no to sugar as added sugar contains NO essential nutrients and is bad for your health.
Sugar and what are the side effects of it!
- Obesity and weight gain – Eating excessive amounts of sugar spikes insulin levels and no matter how much you exercise, when insulin is chronically elevated, most of that energy gets deposited and stored in the fat cells.
- Diabetes – Although eating sugar doesn’t cause diabetes, it can accelerate complications and progress the disease.
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) – When too much sugar is consumed day after day, it gets stored as fat in the liver, causing NAFLD. This can lead to serious problems like liver inflammation, which may progress to scarring and irreversible damage.
- Heart Disease – Research has shown that drinking sugar-sweetened beverages can raise blood pressure. Also, a high-sugar diet may stimulate the liver to release more toxic fats into the bloodstream. Both factors are known to boost heart disease risk.
- Aging – Scientists have noted connections between sugar consumption and cell aging, along with skin wrinkling.
Say NO to sugar and help yourself to get a better and fit lifestyle!