When I got my first period I was knowing nothing about it and was so scared to see the blood. Yes, normally parents miss to tell their daughters and get them ready for it. My parents were missing this knowledge and because of this, they missed to get me ready for the very important phase of my life.
Every single parent had gone through this phase during their puberty and they know how does it feel? It’s an important work for all the parents to make their child know about this change. Not only body but their thinking pattern too changes, in short, it is physical and emotional changes which indivisible go through.
Most important don’t ignore this thinking you will see what can be done once menstruation cycle starts? Let your child know about this much before. Tell her the changes which her body will go through once period cycle hits her. What should be the first thing which parents should tell their kids related to this?
How do you as a parent going to start making your child ready for this coming phase in their life?
Few tips on how to make your child ready for this phase:
- Strike conversation related to the changes in their life. Take them out to their favorite place or sit with them and tell them what is puberty?
- How is puberty going to affect them? Tell your child your story of Puberty and how you had dealt with that?
- Tell her what the importance of the menstruation cycle?
- Let them know about the changes which their body will go through, also tell them about hormonal changes which they will go through. Clear all her doubts and be very patient with her questions.
- Give them some book to read and clear their understanding about it. Tell her she is strong enough to deal with it.
- Give her all the moral and emotional support.
It may take a few appointments before you can make her understand completely about this but this approach will defiantly help. Secondly, it will make you more comfortable thinking your kid now understand what is going to happen instead of getting the sudden shock.