Whenever I think of ME word now, I feel I don’t get it enough. Being a full-time mom has just taken away this privilege from me. Initially, I thought its just a phase and this ME word is too hyped I will not need it but as the time has passed I have understood the importance of it. I can tell you this is neither a hyped word nor an underserving word. We as a mom or any individual need this space.
Why is “ME” so important according to me?
- A healthy mind and a strong body are very much required to take care of your child. If I am healthy and fine then only I will be able to look upon my kid in a proper manner. This ME time gives me space for that, I get time for exercise and rewind myself to take responsibility for the full day.
- I get time to think about something different other than my child and thus my mind is not occupied with the same thought around the day.
- Being a human I too need a change and do something which I love too(I know I love my kid and so do we all) some hobby or something which makes us happy. We should not ignore that and it’s the most important thing to do. Always remember happiness attracts happiness!
- Being a mom is a journey and your responsibility is going to increase as your baby grows, so to enjoy the journey and your responsibilities it is very much required to have some time only for self and do the things which makes you happy.
- A break is very much important from our regular work and this makes ME time very much important for everyone.
If you are not having some ME time or a break from your daily routine then think about it!