I always thought I will get back to my work once my baby was born. Yes, I thought but now my baby is almost two years and I am still thinking. Leaving my good technical career of about eleven years was not easy but I have to do it as my child wanted me more. Most of us think this way and leave our work.
I am getting all the support which a partner can provide but still, I am not getting the confidence or you can say a punch to start my career once again. As I analyze what is the reason behind and I got a few points which are the blockers on my way. As I note them down so that if they are in your way too just knock them!
- I am not motivated to start from where I left, all my colleagues are now way ahead of me and I may not accept but somewhere this is hurting me. Although taking the break and raising my baby was my decision but still. If you are thinking this then this is not the complete truth. Once you start working and in sometime you can match them.
- People are less sensitive or you can say I am more sensitive to ask and show unnecessary sympathy.
- Maybe what I was doing for so long for almost eleven years is now not motivating me and wants me to make or build something which motivates me and add value to my life.
- I have a fear to start again. Yes, whatever I want to do whether it’s my job or my own business I have to start again with all the energy and with better time management skills.
- Many thoughts are killing my energy which will push me to stand and run again. So dont think much just start. A small step will mater alot.
There are many reasons which I can come up of not starting but I just need one reason to start. Many studies shows females generally give up their career for kids and home. Its good to look after family and home but giving up the career should not be the option.
I decide to get backto my health and weightloss work and I hope many ladies get a chance to get back to work or start some thing which keeps them high and happy. At the end its about satisfaction of our work and we should not regrete not getting back to our work.
As a mom, I am very worried about what my son is eating as he often rejects almost all the good and beneficial health food. His eating habits make me tired as I keep running after him with the bowl. Is this the right way to feed him or let me put it in a simple form ‘is the way I am feeding him is right?’. The answer is straight ‘No’.
Instead of running after your kid and forcing them to eat, with few of the tricks we can make them eat what we want! I have few of the tricks which keep helping me in feeding with less effort:
- I pretend to eat instead of directly feeding him. I don’t offer him unless he asks for.
- I have kept bowls of similar colors, and I too eat in the same bowl making him feel he is not eating anything different.
- I make him sit on the dining table and allow him to eat on his own.
- I combine fruits and vegetables in his favourite dishes or sometimes I add them in between of his favourite food.
- I don’t keep him feeding for the whole day. I have made a timetable and based on that I serve him food.
- I have made eating healthy a lifestyle, so we all as a family hardly eats anything which is bad for the health and thus if my toddler wants to eat from my plate I don’t mind passing it to him.
- Try not to show them mobile or videos to make them eat, it may look easy at first to feed with mobile but not good for their eyes and mental growth.
- Try to show them outside or engage them in a conversation while feeding, this too will help in mental and emotional growth.
With few changes to how we feed them, they eat something. As a mom or parent, you will be never satisfied with the nutrition your toddler is getting in their food but leaving them to eat on their own is the success to feed a fussy eater.
I try not to use the elevator, at least when I am alone. Initially, I started this practice as I never wanted to wait for the lift but slowly it converted to a good exercise form. Now if I take an elevator or lift I feel so awkward. I want to be fit and strong and this is the easiest way I can do my workout on any day. It too helps me in many other ways and I list them below:
- Climbing the stairs will help you in building your leg muscles. It’s an aerobic exercise that also strengthens the muscles of your lower body. When you climb stairs, you are working against gravity, which causes the muscles of your thighs, buttocks, and calves to work harder than they would on level ground.
- Climbing stairs helps you improve your heart rate and it too will increase your lung capacity. The consistent movement of your legs and hips results in deeper breathing increasing your heartbeat, which leads to increased blood flow in all of your body.
- You will burn more calories climbing stairs than you will be walking because it is a more vigorous aerobic activity.
- Climbing stairs will leads to stronger joints and muscles.
- It will help you in losing extra calories which will again help you in losing weight.
- If you are claustrophobic this is the best way to avoid those crowded lifts.
- You are never depended on the lift or elevator.
- You are never depended on the weather for your exercise, you can do this anytime.
- If you have a traveling job, this practice will help you to be fit and you will never miss your workouts.
Using stairs will help you in many ways and you will see the effect of it in a few days.
Note: If you have a history of knee injuries, consult with your health care provider before beginning a stair climbing program/ workout.
It is only in sorrow bad weather masters us; in joy we face the storm and defy it. By Amelia Barr
You see sweat. I see a sexy glow.
As the saying goes “abs are built in the kitchen.” So get ready to be in shape with some changes to your eating habits.
- Eat food rich in protein:
- Eating more protein can reduce appetite, cut cravings and increase the number of calories you burn because protein requires energy to metabolize, a high-protein diet can increase calories burned by 80–100 calories per day. Protein is also by far the most filling nutrient. If you want to lose weight sustainably and with minimal effort, consider making a permanent increase in your protein intake. Not only will it help you lose, it will also prevent or at least significantly reduce weight regain, in case you ever decide to abandon your weight loss efforts.
- Avoid Sugary Soft Drinks and Fruit Juices:
- Another easy change you can make is to eliminate liquid sugar calories from your diet. This includes sodas, fruit juices, chocolate milk and other beverages with added sugar. Studies have shown that sugary drinks are strongly linked to an increased risk of obesity. Though small amounts of natural sugars from foods like fruit are absolutely fine, large amounts from added sugar and sugary drinks can be an absolute disaster.
- Drinking More Water Can Aid Weight Loss
- One very simple trick to increase weight loss is to drink more water. Drinking about 8 glasses of water per day can make you burn around 100 more calories.
- Reduce Carbohydrate Intake
- Cutting carbs is a very effective way to lose weight, as it reduces appetite and makes you eat fewer calories. Not only that, but low-carb diets also have many other benefits for health, especially for people with type 2 diabetes or metabolic syndrome.
- Cook at home instead of opting for packed food
- Cooking at home makes you lose more weight than eating outside or opting for packed food. It’s safe and economical too.
We need to understand how many calories you need per day, depends on whether you want to maintain, lose or gain weight, as well as various factors such as your gender, age, height, current weight, activity levels and metabolic health.
Reducing calories does not have to mean starving yourself. A few simple diet and lifestyle changes like exercise, proper hydration and increased protein and reduced carb intake can help you lose weight and feel satisfied.
My rule book says- “you can eat anything in limited portion if that is cooked at home.”
Frankly, you can eat anything but you need to monitor your portion.