Belly fat is tough to go and sometimes makes us feel that it will never go. I have a body who gains most on my belly. After my pregnancy, it was too tough for me to move with a heavy body and belly which was making me so much uncomfortable. I decided to get my belly on track and lose my belly fat. Few tips which helped me in making this happen, I would like to share with you all:
- I stopped taking sugar in my tea. This saved lots of calories for me. Although I do eat cakes and sweets in a measured quantity and in a moderate manner.
- I started drinking almost 5 glasses of water and some days it might go up to 8 glasses. I love to have warm water and it too helps in digestion.
- I decided not to eat things I don’t like and in place save some calories for the food I love to eat.
- I make sure I drink some protein shake and eat 4 – 5 egg whites in a day. I am on a vegetarian diet for 3 days a week and on those days I eat only boiled vegetables and fruits.
- I don’t eat grain or sweet at dinner or after 6 pm. I try to have a cup of warm milk before bed.
- I exercise or walk for about 1 hour 6 days a week.
I see many blogs and apps suggesting only food cut for weight loss and they don’t suggest any form of exercise. Which is totally wrong. A healthy weight loss should include exercise and food control.
Although I have not achieved my dream tummy, I am on my way to achieving it. Always remember it takes time for belly fat to go but if you follow the plan and stick to it will go in some time.
your mind is a powerful thing. when you fill it with positive thoughts, your life will start to change. #mental #mentalwellness #getback
I try not to use the elevator, at least when I am alone. Initially, I started this practice as I never wanted to wait for the lift but slowly it converted to a good exercise form. Now if I take an elevator or lift I feel so awkward. I want to be fit and strong and this is the easiest way I can do my workout on any day. It too helps me in many other ways and I list them below:
- Climbing the stairs will help you in building your leg muscles. It’s an aerobic exercise that also strengthens the muscles of your lower body. When you climb stairs, you are working against gravity, which causes the muscles of your thighs, buttocks, and calves to work harder than they would on level ground.
- Climbing stairs helps you improve your heart rate and it too will increase your lung capacity. The consistent movement of your legs and hips results in deeper breathing increasing your heartbeat, which leads to increased blood flow in all of your body.
- You will burn more calories climbing stairs than you will be walking because it is a more vigorous aerobic activity.
- Climbing stairs will leads to stronger joints and muscles.
- It will help you in losing extra calories which will again help you in losing weight.
- If you are claustrophobic this is the best way to avoid those crowded lifts.
- You are never depended on the lift or elevator.
- You are never depended on the weather for your exercise, you can do this anytime.
- If you have a traveling job, this practice will help you to be fit and you will never miss your workouts.
Using stairs will help you in many ways and you will see the effect of it in a few days.
Note: If you have a history of knee injuries, consult with your health care provider before beginning a stair climbing program/ workout.
As the saying goes “abs are built in the kitchen.” So get ready to be in shape with some changes to your eating habits.
- Eat food rich in protein:
- Eating more protein can reduce appetite, cut cravings and increase the number of calories you burn because protein requires energy to metabolize, a high-protein diet can increase calories burned by 80–100 calories per day. Protein is also by far the most filling nutrient. If you want to lose weight sustainably and with minimal effort, consider making a permanent increase in your protein intake. Not only will it help you lose, it will also prevent or at least significantly reduce weight regain, in case you ever decide to abandon your weight loss efforts.
- Avoid Sugary Soft Drinks and Fruit Juices:
- Another easy change you can make is to eliminate liquid sugar calories from your diet. This includes sodas, fruit juices, chocolate milk and other beverages with added sugar. Studies have shown that sugary drinks are strongly linked to an increased risk of obesity. Though small amounts of natural sugars from foods like fruit are absolutely fine, large amounts from added sugar and sugary drinks can be an absolute disaster.
- Drinking More Water Can Aid Weight Loss
- One very simple trick to increase weight loss is to drink more water. Drinking about 8 glasses of water per day can make you burn around 100 more calories.
- Reduce Carbohydrate Intake
- Cutting carbs is a very effective way to lose weight, as it reduces appetite and makes you eat fewer calories. Not only that, but low-carb diets also have many other benefits for health, especially for people with type 2 diabetes or metabolic syndrome.
- Cook at home instead of opting for packed food
- Cooking at home makes you lose more weight than eating outside or opting for packed food. It’s safe and economical too.
We need to understand how many calories you need per day, depends on whether you want to maintain, lose or gain weight, as well as various factors such as your gender, age, height, current weight, activity levels and metabolic health.
Reducing calories does not have to mean starving yourself. A few simple diet and lifestyle changes like exercise, proper hydration and increased protein and reduced carb intake can help you lose weight and feel satisfied.
My rule book says- “you can eat anything in limited portion if that is cooked at home.”
Frankly, you can eat anything but you need to monitor your portion.
If you are pregnant, you probably have had some experience with mood swings. You are not alone. mood swings during pregnancy are common. You may be excited about being pregnant, but you can also be stressed or overwhelmed. You may have constant worries that may contribute to your mood swings.
Questions such as:
- Will I be a good mother?
- How am I going to manage financially?
- Will my baby be healthy?
- Am I doing the right things to prepare for my baby?
- How will the life after baby?
- Is this the right time to have a baby? and many more..
What causes mood swings during pregnancy?
Mood changes during pregnancy can be caused by physical stresses, fatigue, changes in your metabolism, or by the hormones estrogen and progesterone. Significant changes in your hormone levels can affect your level of neurotransmitters, which are brain chemicals that regulate mood. Mood swings are mostly experienced during the first trimester between 6 to 10 weeks and then again in the third trimester as your body prepares for birth.
What should I do to treat my mood swings?
It is important to understand you are not alone, mood swings are just another aspect of the pregnancy experience. Knowing that what you are experiencing is normal and somewhat expected may help you cope.
The following list includes some ways to manage your stress level:
- Get plenty of sleep
- Take a break during the day to relax
- Get regular physical activity
- Eat well
- Spend time with your partner
- Take a nap.
- Go for a walk
- See a movie with a friend
- Don’t be so hard on yourself
- Try pregnancy yoga class or meditation
- Try breathing exercises
- Get a massage
- Get help and don’t make yourself tired
- Avoid things which make you tensed and stressed
If your mood swings last more than two weeks and do not seem to get better, you may want to ask your healthcare provider for a referral to a counselor.
I know some families who are having special need kids and being very close to them make me feel little worried about their health both physical and mental. Whenever I raise this concern to them they make me shut saying they have much more important work to do then their health. But recently I meet a lady in her late 50’s during my morning run and started talking during the conversation I got to know she is having a special kid and raising him all alone.
Few points which I understood and would like to raise here so that people don’t do the same mistake. Believe me, learning from others mistake is the most important and reliable way of making life easy when it doesn’t look like one. Take good care of your mind and body. Do whatever makes you feel happy and light.
- She is raising her kid alone. Don’t fight with your partner. Together you can handle the situation much better. With a special kid, I have seen partners fighting and blaming each other. Don’t do that, this cant be changed but you guys can make life beautiful by being together.
- Don’t be alone. Take help of the community and family. Don’t hesitate in asking help.
- Think positive. Yes, the most important thing is to think positive and healthy. Thinking has a great power and my experience says positive thinking has the power of the nuclear bomb. If you think positive you are going to win.
- Exercise daily. Yes, take good care of yourself. Take out one or half hour for yourself. Get out in the open air and breath. You have to be healthy so that you can focus on your kid’s health.
- Don’t compare. Yes, don’t compare your kid with others. We all know every kid is different but then too we do the mistake of comparing them. This will make you feel depressed.
- Meditate. Meditation has some great powers hidden inside it. Meditation will not only make you feel light but it will fill you with some magical positive energy.
Not being a celebrity and having limited access to everything can’t come in between you and your health. There are so many ways to we can work so that our body became strong and healthy. I understand that we commoners are busy with our daily life so much that we don’t have time for our health but if we take out 30 mins from our daily busy life and we will be much more happy and healthy.
What we should do to make yourself think exercise is important for our health?
- Health is more valuable than money. You cant buy it so work for it. If you don’t work on your health thinking that it is not important and you don’t have time. Then you have to spend much more time and money visiting doctors. So change your mindset and understand “health is wealth.”
- If you are healthy and strong you can do more work. Yes, being healthy in a way will help you to work more and earn more.
- You look younger and fit if you follow a regular exercise plan.
- As time is changing we are not getting proper food which results in many deficiencies in our body but if we take care of our body and understand our physical body needs we can save much more pain which our body will go through.
- A fit body and soul is a healthy place and all good things will want to stay there. So start today, start now and take care of your health and mind.
There are many reasons you can ignore your health but a single reason to take care of your health will solve many problems. So don’t think twice but start from today!
A healthy drink which helped me to lose my weight and if you try it will help you too!