Whenever I think of ME word now, I feel I don’t get it enough. Being a full-time mom has just taken away this privilege from me. Initially, I thought its just a phase and this ME word is too hyped I will not need it but as the time has passed I have understood the importance of it. I can tell you this is neither a hyped word nor an underserving word. We as a mom or any individual need this space.
Why is “ME” so important according to me?
- A healthy mind and a strong body are very much required to take care of your child. If I am healthy and fine then only I will be able to look upon my kid in a proper manner. This ME time gives me space for that, I get time for exercise and rewind myself to take responsibility for the full day.
- I get time to think about something different other than my child and thus my mind is not occupied with the same thought around the day.
- Being a human I too need a change and do something which I love too(I know I love my kid and so do we all) some hobby or something which makes us happy. We should not ignore that and it’s the most important thing to do. Always remember happiness attracts happiness!
- Being a mom is a journey and your responsibility is going to increase as your baby grows, so to enjoy the journey and your responsibilities it is very much required to have some time only for self and do the things which makes you happy.
- A break is very much important from our regular work and this makes ME time very much important for everyone.
If you are not having some ME time or a break from your daily routine then think about it!
I always thought I will get back to my work once my baby was born. Yes, I thought but now my baby is almost two years and I am still thinking. Leaving my good technical career of about eleven years was not easy but I have to do it as my child wanted me more. Most of us think this way and leave our work.
I am getting all the support which a partner can provide but still, I am not getting the confidence or you can say a punch to start my career once again. As I analyze what is the reason behind and I got a few points which are the blockers on my way. As I note them down so that if they are in your way too just knock them!
- I am not motivated to start from where I left, all my colleagues are now way ahead of me and I may not accept but somewhere this is hurting me. Although taking the break and raising my baby was my decision but still. If you are thinking this then this is not the complete truth. Once you start working and in sometime you can match them.
- People are less sensitive or you can say I am more sensitive to ask and show unnecessary sympathy.
- Maybe what I was doing for so long for almost eleven years is now not motivating me and wants me to make or build something which motivates me and add value to my life.
- I have a fear to start again. Yes, whatever I want to do whether it’s my job or my own business I have to start again with all the energy and with better time management skills.
- Many thoughts are killing my energy which will push me to stand and run again. So dont think much just start. A small step will mater alot.
There are many reasons which I can come up of not starting but I just need one reason to start. Many studies shows females generally give up their career for kids and home. Its good to look after family and home but giving up the career should not be the option.
I decide to get backto my health and weightloss work and I hope many ladies get a chance to get back to work or start some thing which keeps them high and happy. At the end its about satisfaction of our work and we should not regrete not getting back to our work.