Have you ever thought of having the second child? Nowadays whoever I meet or the majority of us plan for a single child with some excuses for not having the second one. I got a chance to study some of the cases and understand what makes them take this decision and their reasoning behind it.
- Nuclear family. No support or very little support from the family. As we are moving to the new world culture of joint family is vanishing and it’s becoming only the responsibilities of the parents to look after the kid with no or less support. Although few parts of the world nuclear family are very common then they know how to adjust to it. Hired helps are too expensive and thus don’t make much sense.
- Either of the parents has to leave the job and thus making the family depend on the single person earning. In maximum cases, I have seen this thus sacrifice of the carer involve and if you are planning to resume the job or work after a certain time when your kid grow to some age it becomes difficult to plan for the second kid.
- Expensive cost of living and planning of better future make them have a single kid.
- Pregnancy is a roller coaster ride, sometimes you will have good health and sometimes bad, mood swing and hormonal changes are very normal. Many female goes through a tough time during this phase and it becomes difficult to plan or make your mind go through it again.
- Many families are not lucky to have a normal child and thus fear to have to the same problem with the second child to make them rethink on their decision.
Reasons are many but having siblings have many positive effects on overall our growth and life. I being bought up with my cousins and siblings truly understand the need and importance of it. It adds to the value and our growth. So do think if your health, finances, and life allow you to have a second baby.