There are many reasons why we are not planning for a second kid, at the same time we are having some reasons to plan for a second kid too.
I have been raising my son alone with some help from my husband, of course, I understand how difficult is it to raise a toddler and what all a parent goes through but believe me the joy of raising a happy and healthy kid is unmatched with anything else in this world.
Some points why I will intend for a second kid?
- My son will have a company during his growing age. Yes, I understand the importance of siblings. I being raised up with siblings know how important this relationship is. They taught all I need to know to survive in this world. Wherever I feel or I need I have another set of people whom I can call and depend upon. This is a different kind of love. I don’t want my son to miss this aspect of life and relationship.
- I understand the importance of sharing, love, and respect. These all I learned while growing with my siblings and not in the school. Of course, we get to learn them in school too but the way we learn them with our siblings is totally different and for the lifetime.
- Your kid will have an extended family after parents are no longer in the world. Yes, it’s not only about us it’s about them too. My son will have an extended family when I am not around.
- Life is very unpredictable and so we should always plan in advance. Having a single child is full of risk in either way. If something goes wrong with the kid then parents have no support and vice versa is true too.
- Of course, finance is one of the reasons we are not planning for a second one but nowadays the government is helping and providing basic support which is important during raising the kid.
So, think before you make your mind for not having the second kid and before its too late to plan one!
I know some families who are having special need kids and being very close to them make me feel little worried about their health both physical and mental. Whenever I raise this concern to them they make me shut saying they have much more important work to do then their health. But recently I meet a lady in her late 50’s during my morning run and started talking during the conversation I got to know she is having a special kid and raising him all alone.
Few points which I understood and would like to raise here so that people don’t do the same mistake. Believe me, learning from others mistake is the most important and reliable way of making life easy when it doesn’t look like one. Take good care of your mind and body. Do whatever makes you feel happy and light.
- She is raising her kid alone. Don’t fight with your partner. Together you can handle the situation much better. With a special kid, I have seen partners fighting and blaming each other. Don’t do that, this cant be changed but you guys can make life beautiful by being together.
- Don’t be alone. Take help of the community and family. Don’t hesitate in asking help.
- Think positive. Yes, the most important thing is to think positive and healthy. Thinking has a great power and my experience says positive thinking has the power of the nuclear bomb. If you think positive you are going to win.
- Exercise daily. Yes, take good care of yourself. Take out one or half hour for yourself. Get out in the open air and breath. You have to be healthy so that you can focus on your kid’s health.
- Don’t compare. Yes, don’t compare your kid with others. We all know every kid is different but then too we do the mistake of comparing them. This will make you feel depressed.
- Meditate. Meditation has some great powers hidden inside it. Meditation will not only make you feel light but it will fill you with some magical positive energy.