Belly fat is tough to go and sometimes makes us feel that it will never go. I have a body who gains most on my belly. After my pregnancy, it was too tough for me to move with a heavy body and belly which was making me so much uncomfortable. I decided to get my belly on track and lose my belly fat. Few tips which helped me in making this happen, I would like to share with you all:
- I stopped taking sugar in my tea. This saved lots of calories for me. Although I do eat cakes and sweets in a measured quantity and in a moderate manner.
- I started drinking almost 5 glasses of water and some days it might go up to 8 glasses. I love to have warm water and it too helps in digestion.
- I decided not to eat things I don’t like and in place save some calories for the food I love to eat.
- I make sure I drink some protein shake and eat 4 – 5 egg whites in a day. I am on a vegetarian diet for 3 days a week and on those days I eat only boiled vegetables and fruits.
- I don’t eat grain or sweet at dinner or after 6 pm. I try to have a cup of warm milk before bed.
- I exercise or walk for about 1 hour 6 days a week.
I see many blogs and apps suggesting only food cut for weight loss and they don’t suggest any form of exercise. Which is totally wrong. A healthy weight loss should include exercise and food control.
Although I have not achieved my dream tummy, I am on my way to achieving it. Always remember it takes time for belly fat to go but if you follow the plan and stick to it will go in some time.
You see sweat. I see a sexy glow.
As the saying goes “abs are built in the kitchen.” So get ready to be in shape with some changes to your eating habits.
- Eat food rich in protein:
- Eating more protein can reduce appetite, cut cravings and increase the number of calories you burn because protein requires energy to metabolize, a high-protein diet can increase calories burned by 80–100 calories per day. Protein is also by far the most filling nutrient. If you want to lose weight sustainably and with minimal effort, consider making a permanent increase in your protein intake. Not only will it help you lose, it will also prevent or at least significantly reduce weight regain, in case you ever decide to abandon your weight loss efforts.
- Avoid Sugary Soft Drinks and Fruit Juices:
- Another easy change you can make is to eliminate liquid sugar calories from your diet. This includes sodas, fruit juices, chocolate milk and other beverages with added sugar. Studies have shown that sugary drinks are strongly linked to an increased risk of obesity. Though small amounts of natural sugars from foods like fruit are absolutely fine, large amounts from added sugar and sugary drinks can be an absolute disaster.
- Drinking More Water Can Aid Weight Loss
- One very simple trick to increase weight loss is to drink more water. Drinking about 8 glasses of water per day can make you burn around 100 more calories.
- Reduce Carbohydrate Intake
- Cutting carbs is a very effective way to lose weight, as it reduces appetite and makes you eat fewer calories. Not only that, but low-carb diets also have many other benefits for health, especially for people with type 2 diabetes or metabolic syndrome.
- Cook at home instead of opting for packed food
- Cooking at home makes you lose more weight than eating outside or opting for packed food. It’s safe and economical too.
We need to understand how many calories you need per day, depends on whether you want to maintain, lose or gain weight, as well as various factors such as your gender, age, height, current weight, activity levels and metabolic health.
Reducing calories does not have to mean starving yourself. A few simple diet and lifestyle changes like exercise, proper hydration and increased protein and reduced carb intake can help you lose weight and feel satisfied.
My rule book says- “you can eat anything in limited portion if that is cooked at home.”
Frankly, you can eat anything but you need to monitor your portion.
Your body needs time to recover from having your baby. So your practitioner won’t recommend that you go on a diet or start exercising straight after you’ve given birth. Normally, after four to six weeks you can start with some light exercise.
My experience says when your baby is around four to five months start with your goal and give it a time period of six months to get back to pre-pregnancy weight. If you have gained very less then its an altogether different story but if the weight gain is more than 15kgs you will need around five months to lose them. I am considering all the factors when I say around five months.
Let’s understand the right time to start this journey, below are a few questions which you need to ask yourself before starting the journey.
- Is your body ready, when means no pain around your stitches and you don’t feel week?
- Check if you don’t have any swellings around your breast or abdomen.
- Make sure you don’t get your stitches stretch.
- Are you getting proper sleep? Which means during nappy change and feeding duties are you getting enough sleep to start a new journey?
- How important is weight loss for you? Which means are you thinking a lot about it or you are feeling ashamed of your body or you don’t want to buy new clothes?
- Are you breastfeeding? If yes, you are already burning few extra calories and if you feel week then give weight loss a second thought.
- Do you have help or support?
Better will be to check with your doctor but normally after 6 weeks, our body gets ready to start with some exercise.
Not being a celebrity and having limited access to everything can’t come in between you and your health. There are so many ways to we can work so that our body became strong and healthy. I understand that we commoners are busy with our daily life so much that we don’t have time for our health but if we take out 30 mins from our daily busy life and we will be much more happy and healthy.
What we should do to make yourself think exercise is important for our health?
- Health is more valuable than money. You cant buy it so work for it. If you don’t work on your health thinking that it is not important and you don’t have time. Then you have to spend much more time and money visiting doctors. So change your mindset and understand “health is wealth.”
- If you are healthy and strong you can do more work. Yes, being healthy in a way will help you to work more and earn more.
- You look younger and fit if you follow a regular exercise plan.
- As time is changing we are not getting proper food which results in many deficiencies in our body but if we take care of our body and understand our physical body needs we can save much more pain which our body will go through.
- A fit body and soul is a healthy place and all good things will want to stay there. So start today, start now and take care of your health and mind.
There are many reasons you can ignore your health but a single reason to take care of your health will solve many problems. So don’t think twice but start from today!
A healthy drink which helped me to lose my weight and if you try it will help you too!