Whenever I think of ME word now, I feel I don’t get it enough. Being a full-time mom has just taken away this privilege from me. Initially, I thought its just a phase and this ME word is too hyped I will not need it but as the time has passed I have understood the importance of it. I can tell you this is neither a hyped word nor an underserving word. We as a mom or any individual need this space.
Why is “ME” so important according to me?
- A healthy mind and a strong body are very much required to take care of your child. If I am healthy and fine then only I will be able to look upon my kid in a proper manner. This ME time gives me space for that, I get time for exercise and rewind myself to take responsibility for the full day.
- I get time to think about something different other than my child and thus my mind is not occupied with the same thought around the day.
- Being a human I too need a change and do something which I love too(I know I love my kid and so do we all) some hobby or something which makes us happy. We should not ignore that and it’s the most important thing to do. Always remember happiness attracts happiness!
- Being a mom is a journey and your responsibility is going to increase as your baby grows, so to enjoy the journey and your responsibilities it is very much required to have some time only for self and do the things which makes you happy.
- A break is very much important from our regular work and this makes ME time very much important for everyone.
If you are not having some ME time or a break from your daily routine then think about it!
It is only in sorrow bad weather masters us; in joy we face the storm and defy it. By Amelia Barr
You see sweat. I see a sexy glow.
As the saying goes “abs are built in the kitchen.” So get ready to be in shape with some changes to your eating habits.
- Eat food rich in protein:
- Eating more protein can reduce appetite, cut cravings and increase the number of calories you burn because protein requires energy to metabolize, a high-protein diet can increase calories burned by 80–100 calories per day. Protein is also by far the most filling nutrient. If you want to lose weight sustainably and with minimal effort, consider making a permanent increase in your protein intake. Not only will it help you lose, it will also prevent or at least significantly reduce weight regain, in case you ever decide to abandon your weight loss efforts.
- Avoid Sugary Soft Drinks and Fruit Juices:
- Another easy change you can make is to eliminate liquid sugar calories from your diet. This includes sodas, fruit juices, chocolate milk and other beverages with added sugar. Studies have shown that sugary drinks are strongly linked to an increased risk of obesity. Though small amounts of natural sugars from foods like fruit are absolutely fine, large amounts from added sugar and sugary drinks can be an absolute disaster.
- Drinking More Water Can Aid Weight Loss
- One very simple trick to increase weight loss is to drink more water. Drinking about 8 glasses of water per day can make you burn around 100 more calories.
- Reduce Carbohydrate Intake
- Cutting carbs is a very effective way to lose weight, as it reduces appetite and makes you eat fewer calories. Not only that, but low-carb diets also have many other benefits for health, especially for people with type 2 diabetes or metabolic syndrome.
- Cook at home instead of opting for packed food
- Cooking at home makes you lose more weight than eating outside or opting for packed food. It’s safe and economical too.
We need to understand how many calories you need per day, depends on whether you want to maintain, lose or gain weight, as well as various factors such as your gender, age, height, current weight, activity levels and metabolic health.
Reducing calories does not have to mean starving yourself. A few simple diet and lifestyle changes like exercise, proper hydration and increased protein and reduced carb intake can help you lose weight and feel satisfied.
My rule book says- “you can eat anything in limited portion if that is cooked at home.”
Frankly, you can eat anything but you need to monitor your portion.